where did you buy it?

are you happy?

Hello all, if you have an extended service contract,

what company do you have it with?

how much?

for how long?

where did you buy it?

are you happy?

If you're referring to an extended warranty, I had one on my 07 RT from Interstate. I bought the five year coverage from Lonestar for something between $800 and $900.

Dave, what did that cover? Since I bought a used bike from them and have just over a year left on the original warranty, I'm thinking about it.

Wayne

how much?

for how long?

where did you buy it?

are you happy?

If you're referring to an extended warranty, I had one on my 07 RT from Interstate. I bought the five year coverage from Lonestar for something between $800 and $900.

Sorry, I get caught up in semantics. A warranty is by definition "free", from the manufacturer, and limited to defects in parts or labor.

But if that is your interpretation, yes, I;m asking about that.

Polo... had to stop by Lone Star today (they just got in some new F700 GS bikes!). Had them give me a quote for an extended warranty on the 2011 GSA I just bought. They quoted me: $770 - $1150 (770 is one year, 1150 is three years, and there is an 880 package for two years) through Protective.

Looks like the two year package is a pretty good deal, but I'm still not sure that I'm going to pull the trigger. Never had any problems with my '09 RT, so I'm questioning the value... that said, this is a used GSA, and while I think he took good care of it, you never know.

Wayne

Thanks Wayne,

The bike will be here next week, I need to have a State inspection done. I'll bring it to LS, and try to do a deal for the 2 year.

Dave, what did that cover? Since I bought a used bike from them and have just over a year left on the original warranty, I'm thinking about it.

Wayne

Wayne, You need to talk to Jenny to get the details. It won't cover what they consider normal wear parts but otherwise it seemed to be fairly inclusive. It covered a couple of transmission oils seals as well as the starter lockout switch on the clutch lever (at around 100k miles) as well as replacement of the fuel pump housing (about 135k miles) when I noticed cracks around where the quick connect fits.

It's been discussed before but I think it's worth repeating that extended warranties only make financial sense if you plan to keep the bike for an extended period and pile the miles on.

how much?

for how long?

where did you buy it?

are you happy?

Sorry, I get caught up in semantics. A warranty is by definition "free", from the manufacturer, and limited to defects in parts or labor.

But if that is your interpretation, yes, I;m asking about that.

The people that sell usually refer to them as extended warranties. A service contract often is a contract that covers normal maintenance.

Polo... had to stop by Lone Star today (they just got in some new F700 GS bikes!). Had them give me a quote for an extended warranty on the 2011 GSA I just bought. They quoted me: $770 - $1150 (770 is one year, 1150 is three years, and there is an 880 package for two years) through Protective.

Looks like the two year package is a pretty good deal, but I'm still not sure that I'm going to pull the trigger. Never had any problems with my '09 RT, so I'm questioning the value... that said, this is a used GSA, and while I think he took good care of it, you never know.

Wayne

The package I got was for five years and unlimited mileage starting from the date the OEM warranty went in to effect. In other words,the package covered the bike from when the OEM warranty expired until the five year period. In my case, the OEM warranty was up in eighteen months when I hit 36K. The extended warranty covered it for the remaining 3-1/2 years with no mileage limitation.

I sell them, and make it a point not to use the word warranty. We're watched very close now days; brought it unto ourselves for sure.

It was 2 years ago in November that I purchased the Western concept plan from LS for $600. It extends my warranty for an additional 3 years for a total of 6 years.

I attempted to use it 3 months ago when my fuel pump bulkhead failed, but BMW stepped up and covered parts and labor outside of the 3 year BMW warranty.

Archived