IGNORED

Hyperlites are great

Mark Mayo

I have had some comments from riders that my stock 2004 R1150rt has poor running and brake light visibility. I installed the dual 16 led Hyperlites with CA flashers and I guess they are amazing. Easy to install with everything included in the kit for $100. The view from behind the bike is really a lot better just with the running lights. The flashing effect should be a great help to signal my speed decrease. Glad I spent the money!

I have a set of rear flashing LEDs sitting at home I might put on tonight if I get out of work in time.

http://www.amazon.com/ElectroPods-Flashing-Motorcycle-Brake-Lights/dp/B000TK8MYC/ref=sr_1_13?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1345669773&sr=1-13&keywords=Red+LED+Pod

I saw a few bikes the other day running some Whelen rear lights that made the back of the bike look like a firetruck when the brakes were applied.

Turn down the volume you only need to see the first 20 or so seconds to see what the lights look like.

...I saw a few bikes the other day running some Whelen rear lights that made the back of the bike look like a firetruck when the brakes were applied...

Those lights are meant for emergency vehicles. I've installed them on several fire trucks. They consist of the LED lights and a flasher that can be set to display a variety of flash patterns. I seriously doubt that they are legal in any state.

Hyperlights stands behind their product also. I bought my 16 LED set (CA version like your) about 4.5 years ago. Last month I saw half of the LEDs in one pod weren't working. Contacted Hyperlights and they immediately sent out a free replacement, no questions asked, no hassle.

That is great to know. I got gas yesterday and walked far away from the bike with the key on. The difference between the rather weak stock bulb and the new Hyperlites is around 2x to 4x brighter visually.

I'm also interested in them. Has anyone mounted the front white hyperlight kit? The fork mounts they show kinda baffle me as to how they install?

Archived