IGNORED

Airhawk seat pad

RAMBLIN RED

My limit seems to be around 350 miles on my r11rt stock saddle. (not non-stop)I have 1/2" shim under the seat adjuster and have cut the rear bumpers down to the mounting rod, and this changed my distance from 150 miles to the 350 previously mentioned. I want to reach a distance of 500 miles and I wonder if anyone has an opinion on the Airhawk pad, and btw, what size would you suggest? I appreciate any opinion.

Red

You are very welcome. Sometimes it's nice to get updated answers but, if you do search, be sure to scroll to the bottom of your screen and toggle the timeline. This will allow you to search posts older than 3 weeks.

Someone gave me an Airhawk with a bike I bought. I didn't like it on the first trip I tried it. At the RA Rally, an Airhawk rep told me I had it inflated too much. So, I deflated it like he said and tried it on my ride from Utah to Missouri for the MOA rally. I'm sold on it now. 500 mile or more days are OK now. You should try to borrow one and try it before buying. Probably isn't the answer for everyone. I was using a sheep skin with some success.

Archived