IGNORED

Looking for An Aux Light Switch

dgrooman

I finally made the plunge and ordered 2 sets of axillary lights for my RT: creative cycle concepts fender mounted driving lights (http://www.creativecycleconcepts.com/index.cfm?carttoken=759221J061912084053&action=ViewDetails&ItemID=538815&Category=1945) and then PIAA 492 004XT Series to be mounted underneath the oil cooler. What I'm looking for now is a 3 position rocker switch that will mount easily on the panel and allow me to turn on just the fender lights or both sets (third position being 'off' for both). Ideally this switch will look nice as well. Should I just hit up the local radio shack or does anyone have a good source for such a switch? Thanks in advance.

not sure if there is one in your area but anything like Pep Boys, Advanced Auto Auto Zone etc. In all three stores they have an electric section with just what you are looking for. In my situation I paid a couple bucks more and got a switch that lights up when active. Very nice and I like the visual reference that the lights are on. In addition I power the switch using my AP-2 so when the bike shuts off (even if I leave the switch tuned on) the lights go off. works great for me.

You might take a look at West Marine or Boat US online. Marine grade switches are generally completely water-proof and higher quality than automotive electronics. There is usually also a good number of choices with LED type stems to help locate them in the dark.

Archived