IGNORED

ILIUM Passenger Floorboards Question

Dean123

My wife would like more leg room on my 2012 RT. These look nice because even though they are less than one inch lower, they are 7 inches long. So it looks like she could stretch out more. ISSUE: With my size 15 boots, I am wondering if they are going to be too close to my heels. Any one have experience with these?

Thanks. Dean

Possibly probably.

Use their measurements, make template, sit on bike, have her

move template to where it doesn't interfere, make mark, measure, contact them wrt the point the floorboard attached to the peg.

Should be able to give you the measurement fore/aft.

Good luck.

I have the floorboards with the riser. I ride with the balls of my feet on the pegs and have occasionally hit the boards when they are down. I wear a size 7 shoe.

The boards being lower rather than higher (like mine) may give more clearance because your heel would be above the board.

You may want to look at the clearance to the footpegs and compare to the location of the foot boards.

yes, they will, I have the floorboards and if I'm not careful will bump a heel against them with my size 12 boots. In fact, last night I put the pegs back on after a long trip and told her she needs to try to get used to the pegs. I think she will after a bit, we moved from a Harley Ultra to the R1200RT in April and she thought she missed the floorboards. We shall see.

I do not understand how it will conflict with your foot, if her foot is on the peg or on a floor board her foot is still longer than the floor board and closer to the back of your foot than either a peg or a floor board.

If you look at the pic on the website the passengers foot sticks out in front of the floor board. The contact with your heel would be the front of your pillions foot not the floor board, or am I missing something?

Archived