IGNORED

2012 R1200Rt Rear Speaker Plug

azokie

I have a 2012 R1200RT with audio system. I untied the 4 pin rear speaker plug ( at least that is what I assume it is) from under the triple tree and notice that it is a 4 pin plug but only has 3 wires running into the plug. I presume the three wires are right and left speaker and ground. The wires are all the color gray with a color stripe. The stripes appear to be red, white and brown.

Question. Have I got the correct plug to get a repair 4 pin plug and connect that set of wires with a stereo 3.5mm or 1/8 inch male plug and into my J&M Integrator?

Seems like I have read posts for the 2010 and maybe 2011 models that have 4 wires even though one wire is not used.

Question. I found two other 2 pin plugs in the same location and one must be the NAV IV connector. What is the other 2 pin plug for--TPS system (I do not have the TPM system) or some other accessory?

Appreciate input/ comments to my questions with regard to the 2012 model.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Two of the three on that bar are Nav IV plugs. One give it power and the other integrates it to the audio system. I forget the rest of the details. Sorry.

Camhead in STL

Four pin plug is the audio OUT from the radio (aka Rear Speakers). One pin is unused. BMW # 83 30 0 413 584 is the "repair plug" that mates with it. The grey w/brown stripe is the ground, grey w/white stripe is the right speaker, grey w/red stripe left speaker, grey w/black stripe is not used. Application: http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31006

The two pin plug is the audio IN from the Nav IV/GPS (this will "override" the radio audio if active).BMW # 83 30 0 402 343 is the "repair plug" that mates with it. It's mono, so if you're feeding from a stereo out source, you'll need a couple resistors. https://plus.google.com/photos/117838774173346589853/albums/5609335131898272801?banner=pwa

The three pin plug is the supply power to the Nav IV/GPS BMW # 83 30 0 413 585 SHOULD BE the "repair plug" that mates with it. It has a (pin 1) Brown = ground, (pin 3) Red/White = +12V and (2) Blue/Green = Speed Pulse wire that tells the GPS how fast (slow/fast) the M/C is going (this is to tell the GPS to increase its volume). I used that to power my tablet's charger. (can't find where I ordered it, so I'm not sure about the part #)

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201982

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the input. I ordered the 4 pin repair plug as described above. I have a stereo 3 mm male plug (will connect to J&M Integratr) with 3 wire cable and connect the other end to the 3 wire pigtail from the repair plug. My NAV 4 (when received at dealer) will hook into the Canbus 3 wire power plug and the 2 pin audio plug. This should be great once everything is connected and I set the audio on line out and adjust the fader.

Archived