IGNORED

Autocom Part Repair or Replacement Needed

Ken H.

I have an Autocom part 1187 from the old 'pre merger' days that I need to see if I can track down a way to repair or replace. Out of warranty, willing to pay of course.

Does Tom from the old Autocom company still hang out around here? Or anyone else have an idea?

It is the longer cord, male ended section of this part, it has gone intermitant on one side near the connector. I could easly solder a new cord inside the box if just the cord could be found. Or replace the whole thing if that can be found anywhere yet?

IMG290-M.jpg

Tks.

Hi Ken - HERE is a link to the replacement part from the US distributor. You could contact him to see if there is any distributors in Canada.

If you needed I could order one thru my BMW dealer as they are an Autocom dealer and ship it to you.

Hi Ken - HERE is a link to the replacement part from the US distributor. You could contact him to see if there is any distributors in Canada.

If you needed I could order one thru my BMW dealer as they are an Autocom dealer and ship it to you.

Thanks for the offer Chris. Unfortunately the 2129 is not the one I need. I'm trying to find / fix an older 1187. Looks similar but different pin configuration.

+1 - #2129 replaces the #1187. Starcom decided to change the profile of "boxes" after they took over Autocom. Tom, the original owner of Autocom, is not connected to the company in any way now.

Archived