IGNORED

Tire Recomendation for 1150GS adventure

cali_beemer

Looking into tire replacements for the 2004 1150GS. Despite no weather checking and plenty of tread on them, the tires are from 2004 and my understanding is that they should be replaced due to age. I am looking for a tire that is great on street 95 percent of the time but has just enough to assist on the dirt roads. Any recomendations? Mileage and cost of course are also taken into account. If I remeber right the distanzia was a preffered tire from when I had a GS years ago.

I've gone 60 mph on dirt roads with these.The V rated Trail version. That being said, 95% street riding , don't worry about a dirt tire, just slow down.

Michelin Anakee 2, no question. I had it on my TA and it was also a reasonable off road tyre.

There is a new Michelin product in the pipeline but at the moment I have no other details.

Being on a budget, the anakees are pretty expensive tires. On the advrider site it seems the Shink E705 radial tires are getting really good reviews. Many are saying the performance is on par or even better than the tourance and anakee tires....the best part is I can get a set for $150....less than half the anakee or tourance tires....that might be worth a try for less thank half the price. The part I am amazed with is at how many people are giving this tire praises.

Archived