IGNORED

GS-911 diag tool

St0mp

Hello, im in a debate here. i started servicing this bike myself about 3 years ago. It is a 99 R1100RT granted still kinda working on a issue with the bike. posted in r1100rt issues on this board.

Anyway my question is would it be worth it for me to get the GS 911 tool? I seen on the sheet where it does test hall sensors. But it don't look like it does for my 99 R1100RT? im really not sure If that thing will be any use to me or not with my old 99 RT.

Anyone own this gs-911 tool that has tested it on a older 3 pin bike like mine?

Thank you in advance...

My impression is that the GS-911 might be of questionable value on the 1100 bikes given that what few codes there are can be read with a VOM or LED, but I'd also be interested in hearing from anyone who has actual experience using one with an 1100. Is there any additional functionality? I've been trying to decide whether to bother with ordering the adapter.

Check their website. That will tell you what functionality it has for what bike.

It is an essential tool for the BMW bike of modern build. But not for the owner, as it will service at least 10 bikes. Therefore, it is essential only for every ten owners.

dc

I’m a big fan of the product, but on the 1100 series there isn’t really anything of significance you have to have it for. For example as mentioned you can read trouble codes on that series with a meter or a simple LED set up.

I’m a big fan of the product,

After watching Ken diagnose my 05 at the 2009 Unrally I quickly became a fan and purchased one. I recently left the PC world to the MAC world, now if I only could figure out the partition process so I can use my GS911 :dopeslap:

I’m a big fan of the product, but on the 1100 series there isn’t really anything of significance you have to have it for. For example as mentioned you can read trouble codes on that series with a meter or a simple LED set up.

Would you be so kind to point me the direction of making this or a compatible meter? I did see a post about only spending little money for one but i never could find like a parts list or a how-to on it.

Sorry im still learning... And thank you

As far as checking the web site on the gs-911 I did. but as smiller as stated. Its real sketchy for me also on what features would be available to my r1100rt. I did see it list hall sensors. but not sure if that feature is for my 99RT (after you put in the 3 pin adapter)

I have emailed them (www.gs911usa.com) a few days ago before i started this post. I still have not yet got a reply.

And thank you again all.

Would you be so kind to point me the direction of making this or a compatible meter?

See post #36.

Note that the discussion is regarding the Motronic 2.4 i.e. 1150

A BIG thank you for that updated pdf and all. Mine was a older version. i did get a response from gs-911 today here is the response.

Your bike has the earlier version of Motronic and the test hall sensor feature is not available for the R1100RT. The GS911 will read and clear your fault codes for the Motronic and ABS system, so if you have any fault codes logged in memory you will be able to see them, but actual testing of the hall sensor is not offered.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Best regards,

BeemerShop

conclusion: its not worth it to me. For my 99 RT anyway

Edited to take a name out. Not sure if i should actually post the name of the guy that replied.

Archived