IGNORED

Ride-on

basilr

My wife just had new Michelin PR3s installed front and rear on her F800ST. She had Ride-on put in both tires which was a first for her.

Within a few dozen kilometres, we stopped for a rest and I asked her how her new tires were.

She said she noticed a noticeable increase in the vibration to the extent it affected her somewhat arthritic hands.

I took her bike for a short spin and noticed it, but I don't

ride her bike enough to really tell anything.

However, when I got back on my RT, which also has the PR3s and Ride-on, I did notice a vibration that no doubt was there before but I am now wondering if the Ride-on could cause a high frequency vibration. It certainly didn't feel like an out of balance tire.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks.

We both chose to have it put in. Why do you say to refuse it? It sounds like a good product, but any information you have would be appreciated, as that is what we are looking for.

I noticed a lot more front vibration over 80 mph after I changed the tires on my 2011 RT to PR-3's - BEFORE I put the Ride-on in. I also had a F800ST with Ride-On and I never had issues with vibration at the same speeds. My conclusion?...I'm thinking it might be the tires. Be interesting to see if others notice vibrations on the P3's.

Archived