IGNORED

schuberth c3 help

taylor1

Greetings All, I took a ride down to the outer banks last week and the sun visor on my Schuberth c3 broke. My own stupid fault. Does anyone have a link or pics. on how to remove the inner hard foam so that I can access the working parts Thanks Dave

Sunvisor comes in two sizes.....

Sun visor 80% grey tinted

2 sizes: 52/53 - 58/59, 60/61 - 64/65

Removal and replacement info can be found here............

http://www.schuberthnorthamerica.com/fileadmin/Bilder/Motorrad/C3/Downloads/C_C3_C3W_Owners_Manual.pdf

Ask your nearest distributor, they may have one in stock. I have found very good service with Schuberth USA.

If you have damaged the mechanism, it is going to have to go back the Schuberth for repair. The mechanism is not user accessible.

If it is just the lens that needs replacing, that you can do; just follow the directions in the manual (Which you can get off of Schuberth's web site).

Thanks for the responses It is the mechanism that is broke so I guess I am out of luck. I bought the helmet online from someone that purchased it, and did not work with his head shape. I will call Schuberth today and hear what they have to say. Regardless, it will not be sent out until my riding season is over

Thanks for the responses It is the mechanism that is broke so I guess I am out of luck. I bought the helmet online from someone that purchased it, and did not work with his head shape. I will call Schuberth today and hear what they have to say. Regardless, it will not be sent out until my riding season is over

My sun visor "broke" not long after I purchased my C3. Turns out I had just crimped the cable that pulls it up and down. If you have a Schuberth dealer near you they should be able to take it apart and fix it. I took mine back to Morton's BMW where I bought it and it was fixed in about 20 minutes. According the the salesman in order to be a Schuberth dealer you have to have a trained Schuberth technician on staff. Worth looking into if you have a dealer close by, certainly better than shipping your helmet off for weeks.

Called Schuberth-Usa Told them how I purchased the helmet second hand, online ,and that it was most likely that I created the problem ,then asked how I could get it repaired. I was told told to ship it to them, and they would take care of it. I inquired about an estimate and was told that the problem should have never occured, and there would be no repair charge. Happy as a Clam !

malcolmblalock

I bought a C3 last year. Loved the helmet, but noted that the face shield leaked a lot at the top. Also had a problem with the liner separating. Contacted them, sent it to California at their expense, they fixed it and shipped it back.

This year after a 3 week trip, it was leaking again, and the vinyl at the fastener started to "peel". I contacted them again and shipped it back to them again (my expense this time). After looking at the helmet, trying to get it right (said he tried 3 times and it just wasn't right), they shipped me a New helmet and apologized for the inconvenience.

Best customer service I've had in quite a while. Makes me want to buy from them again in the future.

Archived