IGNORED

Autoswitch Long Shot

Dean123

Hi,

I am going to install an Autoswitch product on my 2012 RT. I think that the parking light wire is the correct wire to use as a source. Has anyone done an Autoswitch installation recently who might have some guidance on which wire. Thanks. Dean

I have an autoswitch. But it has been a while since I put it in. I believe I tapped into the parking light wire to trip a relay, which in turn powers the switched driving lights.

You will be using a relay, right?

Not sure which Autoswitch you are considering but the model I used triggers from the turn-signal cancel pulse. Power source is anything you desire.

I know Raul discontinued them because they were problematic with the hexheads. Although, I have had no issues with mine for 5+ years.

Thanks. Its a newer model that keys off the turn signal cancel button. I is supposed to have addressed any compatibility issues. I had an Autoswitch on my R1200GS and it always worked like a charm. I like the ability to toggle on and off on the running lights without having to hunt for a switch. That feature comes in very handy on dark roads with occassional oncoming traffic. Dean

I have mine connected through a fuseblock triggered from the ZFE. When it times out after turning off the ignition it triggers the fuseblock to power off in turn triggering the Autoswitch to turn off.

Archived