IGNORED

Dainese TRQ-Tour boots

DiggerJim

Did a search & came up empty, so throwing this one out there - anyone have any experience with these boots? Gore-tex, all weather(ish), waterproof, magic boot sole...comfy on & off the bike but still very protective...

My venerable BMW boots with a single side zip & no bulky Velcro panel to adjust for fat calves have been great for years. But, the soles keep coming off usually on a rainy wet ride 1000 miles from home. The shoemaker glues them back and they're good for a few months and then I'm getting wet feet again. So I'm looking to hang them up and found there's not a lot that doesn't have a bulky side panel Velcro adjustment out there. (Can you tell I hate Velcro adjustment panels on boots?) These look pretty good from a wear & water resistance standpoint (while maintaining breathability) & I like the single zipper up the back but am wondering if anyone has firsthand experience and whether they look goofy when not on the bike so much so that children point and runaway.

Jim,

I had great luck with

these folks.

Call to see if the do BMW's.

Otherwise I'm no help (as usual) since I've had SIDI On Roads for 10 years.

Good luck.

I had great luck with

these folks.

Call to see if the do BMW's.

They do. I'll have to give them a try. Prolly still get another pair just in case. I looked at Sidis but they're a bit narrow with a low volume foot design for me. I saw one style that was perfect but it was for women - and they didn't make it big enough for me (I've got nothing against wearing women's boots - they've been wearing mens stuff forever).

Archived