IGNORED

Where to buy thin wall torx sockets?

RTinNC

OK ... so got the new 1200GS Adventure and am thinking of adding bar riser but find that the torx sockets i have will not fit to remove the 2 handle bar clamp bolts closest to the tank. So I assume thin wall sockets are in order. Any suggestions?

Just grind it down til it's thin. That's what I have had to do more than once for different applications, and Larry Bump ground one down for me for the 1200RT spark plugs.

No traveling or expense involved.

dc

Just grind it down til it's thin.

ditto for the spark plug socket

Well since I do not have access to a lathe or proper grinder I will probably have to pass on the "grind it down" suggestion. I DO have 2 spark plug sockets that someone on either this site or advrider was thinning down on a lathe and selling them for about $10 each.

I have a set of "star" sockets from Harbor Freight (Item 67898). I'd imagine you're looking for the E10 or E12 socket. They're not described as thin, so they might not be thin enough for your application. (I noticed on the HF website their item no. 68016, which appears to be thinner walled).

I have a set of "star" sockets from Harbor Freight (Item 67898). I'd imagine you're looking for the E10 or E12 socket. They're not described as thin, so they might not be thin enough for your application. (I noticed on the HF website their item no. 68016, which appears to be thinner walled).

The one I really need is the E12 for the handlebar triple clamp. But the shift lever is E8. Thanks for the tip ... will check Harbor Freight.

Archived