IGNORED

2012 R1200RT Paint Scheme

Karlington1

Hi Folks,

I am new to the forum and have been looking for color codes for the 2012 Tri-color R1200RT Light Magnesium Metallic/ Magnesium Beige Metallic.

I would like to know if anyone has any idea what the paint colors are for the side cases; I am going to try to color match the decals for the top case I recently picked up.

Basically the generic colors by my definition are; Brown, Silver and Gray. Someone told me the Gray was Magnesium Metallic, but I simply have no clue.

If this Q was already posted, I apologize – if so, please direct me to the post.

Thanks everyone,

Karl

I probably should have used something besides the word-choice "color scheme." I am looking for the color codes that match the decal colors exactly or best match.

My best guess based on research (and I do ephasize researched guess) is...

Silver = code #8067 BMW Titan Silver Metallic

Gray = #8420 BMW Magnesium Beige Metallic

Brown = # Marrakesh Brown Metallic? B09 (this is the color that is on a car, but it looks really close. (Not sure this link will work http://gtcarlot.com/colors/car/54738613.html)

Car shown is a 2012 BMW 1 Series 128i.

You could ask a dealer. They could tell you the color names and codes, and probably recommend who to give it to for the paint job. My 2011 RT, triple grey, had the 49L trunk color matched to the bike by the original owner and the job was done perfectly. All 3 colors as well as the design scheme. You can't tell it wasn't done at the factory. Sorry, IDK if it was done at the dealer (Pandora in Tennessee) or by a body shop. If you want to see what I mean, go to Pandora's web site (Pandorasmotorsports.com) and scroll down in the listing of new owners posing with their bikes until you get to George and the triple grey RT. Probably 15-20 photos down on the list by now.

Thanks George. A very nice looking RT. I originally wanted the same color you have, but I was about 2 months behind in my search and not a one was available nation-wide. It turned out to be okay though because when I got face to face with the brown beige-metallic RT, I quickly turned into a big fan. I bought her and now that I have the top case, I'm looking to also coordinate the color to match the rest of the bike.

How did you handle the design on the back and top? Did you wrap it around or terminate it like it ends on the side cases?

Thanks,

Sorry to take so long for my reply. The design ends at the sides. The top and rear of the case is the darkest gray, solid color.

Archived