IGNORED

Glove Maintence

bes

Hi guys---I have always conditioned the tops of my gloves with mink oil---put them on the wrong hands and rub the mink between the palms(really the backs since they are on backwards)---Aerostitch's the Zen of Glove maintence....My question is why just the tops? Want to condition my Held kangaroo gauntlets---GREAT gloves. Top or top and bottom? Thanks Barry

Yes I am the child the entire community needs to raise. Thanks, live online and never thought to go to the source. Can I buy you diner, maybe meet halfway, somewhere in Iowa? bes

I owed you for that yellow O ring. Remember? You saved my throttle hand for it's trip back to Chicago. I will always owe you for that :wave:

One of these days I'll be back on the road. Do they still serve rattlesnake at Cafe Diablo?

Guest Kakugo

Hi Barry.

You can just use any good leather care product.

For all my leather goods I use the two brushes technique an army sergeant taught me and then apply some balsam I bought in a military surplus store (Swiss stuff) with a clean rag. Best stuff I have used since they banned seal grease... :P

No need for further fancy tricks.

Just let the leather absorb the conditioner/balsam/oil/whatever overnight and you can treat the palm as well.

For what it's worth, the guru of gloves, Mr. Thurlow would give you mink oil when you purchased gloves from him. I put it on twice a year. I asked him about washing them and he shook his head and said don't. But what if I have to I asked. OK, use Castille soap said he.

Archived