IGNORED

Day-Long saddle just arrived!

CharlieAllnut

CharlieAllnut

This thing is absolutely a work of art. The sheepskin, gel pad, and airhawk air pad are all officially consigned to the back of the closet. I put the Russell on the RT for an immediate trial spin and my butt hasn't stopped smiling since. What an amazing improvement! Why can't BMW make an OEM seat like this?

Had mine on a GT for a while now, no real big rides on it though. The first test starts tomorrow morning. I'm expecting great comfort from it. Glad you like yours. :thumbsup:

Pat

Why can't BMW make an OEM seat like this?

Asses are like opinions....Everyone has a different one.

How would you expect BMW to make a seat that EVERYONE would be happy with?

For that reason, a generic seat design is embodied. My BMW comfort seat seems to agree with me. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones, at least for now. I do notice as I get older, the seat seems to be a bit less comfortable on really long rides. In ten years I'll either have a new seat made or a new ass made... :grin:

MB>

That's my next step, is to ride up there and get mine.

I think my oem seat did rehabilitate itself a bit today, as it seemed to be less uncomfortable than yesterday.

But I definitely think the solution is a wider seat, with some side support, and more of a saddle shape, so I don't seem to be sliding forward when I ride, particularly on the hilly roads, and maybe some more padding.

dc

Since getting my RDL, I'm considering that a required purchase for any future bike. You're gonna love it!

One warning, though: once you STOP thinking about your behind on long rides (cuz it's not gonna send you any discomfort signals), you'll start noticing other things to fix. I've spent as much, if not more, changing and farkling stuff since putting on my Russel that I never would have noticed if I had been thinking about a sore bum the whole time!

Once you STOP thinking about your behind on long rides (cuz it's not gonna send you any discomfort signals), you'll start noticing other things to fix. I've spent as much, if not more, changing and farkling stuff since putting on my Russel that I never would have noticed if I had been thinking about a sore bum the whole time!

Ain't that the truth. Just rode home 1200 miles from Torrey. Every time I needed gas, I realized that I hadn't given my saddle (or my butt) a thought for the last 220 miles. Pull in, refuel, get back on that interstate, settle into the seat's "pocket" and ignore it until the next fuel stop.

I'm on my 4th RDL. One for my first 1100RT, one for the FJR, one for the V-strom, and one for my current RT.

I'll be running mine for it's first long (more than 1,000 miles) run this weekend. Between tomorrow night and early Monday AM I should get about 3500 on it - the Void Rally and then the Mid-Atlantic Tour of Honor.

After buying my RDL, I have recommended probably 6-7 of them to friends, with no complaints.

Butts are like, you know. I've had Sargent, Mustang, Corbin and hands down...RDL. Get you some.

I bought an RDL in May. This past week, I put over 2100 miles on it and for the first time, my butt was not a problem. It is worth the money.

Well, I'm on my second one. 86,000 on the first and about 4500 on the second.

I really need to make an appointment soon to have an adjustment made to the left cheek, it becomes noticeable after 500 miles..... just like a small pea was left under the leather.

Too bad us shorties can't use RDL's, with their increase in ride height
I'm riding an R1200RT and I have a 30" inseam. The RDL is a bit "taller" (effectively since it's really more of a width issue at the nose) vs my Bill Mayer or stock seat. On the stock I can flat foot in my boots. On the BMS I can flat foot & 1/2 (most of my right foot can be on the ground but my heel is off). The RDL I can't flat foot but I can dual tip-toe/ball of my feet so I can back the bike up but that's the only time I have both feet down. When I stop I put down my left foot, tilt the bike a bit left, keep my right foot on the brake so I don't need to put my right foot down.

If you're shorter, then that might not work but for 30"ers it works.

Archived