IGNORED

Taking the RT tankbag off the plastic base - need help

k9gromit

SInce I put the Russell Saddle on the RT, my BMW tankbag doesn't work so well for me anymore. As it intrudes backwards towards the seat it keeps me from shifting forward to get a foot down at the lights. Plan is to remove the (pretty worn) tankbag from the base and put on a new, smaller bag on it.

Got started in my attempt tonight and that sucker is *really* on there. Tried to undo the 10 or so small screws and they just seem to spin and spin. It also feels like it's glued on. Has anyone already disassembled this thing? Main concern is that I don't damage the base...

All good...disregard. I was trying to save the bag. Why, I don't know... Once I cut into the bag and saw what was going on I managed to capture each of the little nuts (5.5mm, nice job on picking an almost impossible to find size, BMW) and get the screws out. Bag in the trash, yellow map window and all. Velcro'd the replacement map pocket (Wolfman) to the baseplate for my rally this weekend and the search for a smaller tankbag begins...

• 1 month later...

Archived