IGNORED

Added new Farkles

biggy

Since I have a few farkles on my bike that require USB power I mounted three (3) waterproof USB power ports to my GT. I have two (2) mounted in front of the battery cover and one mounted in the glove box. The ports come from Burns Moto. They step down the 12VDC to the USB required 5VDC have internal circuit breakers that can be reset with an ignition power cycle.

The ports come with a sturdy bracket but it is pretty bulky so I used nylon cable ties. They work fine and hold the ports firmly in place. So now you can plug in your usb cables to recharge phones, SM-10s, GoPro, etc. or even keep them on power while using them.

I also installed a Datel voltmeter on the right fairing cover to the right of the dash.

Everything gets power from my PC-8 fuse panel velcro mounted on top of the battery.

Here are some pics to show how they look.

th_IMG_0330_zps606c3758.jpg

th_IMG_0328_zps9b44e44b.jpg

th_IMG_0327_zps8a9f6d52.jpg

th_IMG_0326_zps2224f7ca.jpg

th_IMG_0325_zpsfdef6e47.jpg

How did you weatherproof the Datel LCD meter? The LED model is waterproof but the LCD is not. I prefer the LCD ... right color and easier to install due to it's depth but the weatherproofing is a worry.

DH

The Datel two wire meters are from Meter Center

It was about $73.00 including shipping for the meter and the bezel to go with it.

The model I chose is the LED model which is waterproof. The LCD model is not waterproof.

The USB ports have a sheath for your cable and a waterproof wrap. None of my pictures show that. The USB ports are about $25.00 each and the sheath is another $10.00.

Enjoy!

Archived