IGNORED

XM SKYFI dead on 12 volt only?????

markgoodrich

Weird. My Skyfi quit on the bike and in the car, different adapters make no difference, works fine on the house current adapter. Any T

REPAIR suggestions??????

If it is the same as for Sirius, car hookups need a 5 amp converter, usually built into the male cigarette lighter plug-in.

Yes, I know, but it's not working with them.

Bad solder joint on the board at the plug in,,,,Have fix a lot of them,,,Not hard to fix,,

You mean in the Skyfi, right, not the cig plug? Those tiny screws use something special, of course, like an itty torx head or somesuch...which I don't have, of course.

Party pooper.

We coulda run Mark ragged on this one.

;)

Hope you're right and he's has an ez fix.

Tim, I edited my riposte...can't even get the damn thing open.

Tim, do you mean the Roady? I know that is an issue on those, and I've repaired a couple myself. I was not aware of the same thing on the SkyFi which is the heavier unit that makes all the connections through a multi-pin connector built into the holder or home radio unit.

Skyfi

Ed, from what you said, it sounds as if there's a pin for 110, and one for 12v. The radio quit suddenly; I bet the joint let go. I'm screwed...too stupid to decipher the problem even if I could get the case open.

Not exactly, it runs on low DC voltage (I think that unit is 12v) whether in the house unit or on the bike. I guess the house unit must use a different pin to provide the power.

Not exactly, it runs on low DC voltage (I think that unit is 12v) whether in the house unit or on the bike. I guess the house unit must use a different pin to provide the power.

Yes, that's what I was trying to say. It's six volts.

Archived