IGNORED

Best bluetooth mp3 with FM for Headset

Aussiegazza

I want to attach a bluetooth mp3 with FM to my Sena SMJH10 headset.

Anyone done this and have a recommendation?

Also, if you are broadcasting FM via bluetooth and A2DP, do you need to have a set of earbuds attached to act as an FM aerial?

Garry

I have done a lot of searching and can only find mp3 players with bluetooth that do not broadcast FM....

I think the main reason is that the earphone is used as the aerial.

You could plug a FM radio into the headset I suppose, but I want to have earbuds. Sena SMH10 can only have audio IN or OUT - not both at the moment.

Could also plug a radio into the GPS if it took audio in.

The Nano cannot stream FM radio. Quote from site:

FM radio keeps you up to date on what’s going on out there — the game, the top news stories, your favourite talk shows — or whatever you love listening to. Just plug in your headphones and tap to see the controls.

Again, I think it needs the earphones to act as the aerial.

There are options to stream FM radio, but they all appear to be based on bluetooth streaming accessories eg the Sena SM10.

I could modify the bike's radio with a line converter on the speaker wires so that I could feed it into the SM10 and then I could use bluetooth. Still thinking about options.

I want less bits to have to recharge and maintain.

Garry

Get the earbud helmet mount for the Sena. Voila! Earbud capability.

Iphone can stream am/fm radio from iheart or similiar. Buy a powerlet adapter and plug it into the accessory socket. Works great - no wires (other than power)

I have the earbud helmet mount.

I have decided to go down the line output converter and SM10 Bluetooth broadcaster.

Can then always have the radio available without aerial problems.

Connected the converter tonight by 4 x scotchloc onto speaker wires and ordered the SM10.

Speakers will still work while I have SM10 connected.

If all goes well, I could put in a 3.5mm switching socket. If nothing plugged in, speakers work, if audio cable plugged in, speakers are disconnected.

I will tell you how it goes.

The line converter works perfectly (after redoing one of the connections).

I used this part: here

Works well on normal earbuds.

Awaiting the SM10.

Got the SM10 and it works beautifully.

Can connect the R1150RT radio to it and stream whatever radio I want.

Also have an extra input for something else. Radar detectors etc are not legal in Oz, but you could connect an MP3 player etc.

The Garmin Zumo 550 connects directly to the SMH10 headset and can stream mp3 and control my phone as well. Not really worried about the phone though.

I think I have the best set up I can get that eliminates wind noise and provides intercom, radio, mp3 and GPS.

I have NO connection with Sena or any other company.

Garry

Been riding for a few weeks and very happy with everything!

The SMH10 overrides the SM10 when the GPS talks, so you do not miss any directions.

Using the bike's radio means that you get good reception in all but the remotest areas.

Garry

Archived