IGNORED

Mail order Tires,,,Seconds/Rejects?

Twinsig

'Mail order' tires are the same as any other (how do you think the dealer gets them? :grin:) But it is always possible for a defect to get through a QC process so if there is any kind of question at all you should call the manufacturer and see what they say.

Appreciate your time to reply, Im going to look at it closely when mounted, im probably just being paranoid.

I guess I need another layer of alum-foil in my helmet liner.

This is the dealers' claim, but they are getting them from the same sources. I've ordered at least 8 sets of tires by mail; never a second, usually not more than six months from manufacture date.

I've done online tire buying for cage and bike (several times for both, waiting on latest PR2s right now) and never had any problems whatsoever with either. Can't beat the cost and the quality is the same as buying in a store. Wouldn't hesitate to do so again or to recommend same to others.

Let the company know of your concerns before you mount them.

When you order tires they get drop-shipped from Rocky or another supply house. When your dealer orders tires they get drop-shipped from Rocky or another supply house. They both come from the exact same big pile of tires. Think about it... would any tire manufacturer take the liability risk of knowingly selling second or rejected merchandise?

What Smiller said. Over the years the tires I have ordered came from probably 8-10 different businesses. No way are they seconds nor would I expect them to be. Sure a dud can get through just like you can get a dud auto tire thru Good Year or Firestone or NTB.

Archived