IGNORED

Wilbers Shocks

dba

Just noticed that my front shock is leaking oil so I assume a rebuild is in its future. Does anyone have an idea as to where to send it for a rebuild; specifically to Wilbers or maybe Ted Porter's Beemer Shop or somewhere else?

Also any idea of the rebuild costs?

Thanks,

David A.

Ted Porter is excellent and closer to you - shorter shipping. Ted is a busy guy, check turn-around time with him. Herman in Florida is also very good and usually has one day turn-around but longer shipping. I bought mine from Ted but sent them for overhaul to Herman. He got them on a Friday morning and UPS had it back Friday evening. http://www.hermanusa.com/

Just noticed that my front shock is leaking oil so I assume a rebuild is in its future. Does anyone have an idea as to where to send it for a rebuild; specifically to Wilbers or maybe Ted Porter's Beemer Shop or somewhere else?

Also any idea of the rebuild costs?

Thanks,

David A.

Klaus at www.epmperf.com did mine for $125

Ted does get busy from time to time. There is also Catalyst Reaction tuning in San Bruno area. VERY fast turn around on my Ohlins last time. Don't know if they do Wilbers but I do hope so for when I need my R1100S shocks renewed.

Thanks for all the assistance. I did hear from Ted Porter and he estimates he'll need the shock for about a week. I can't get to after Thanksgiving and by then I'll be snowbound so time isn't too much of a matter.

Archived