IGNORED

FINAL DRIVE MINDERS in production and available NOW!

realshelby

Final Drive Minders are finally available to purchase! To do things right I have set up a company to run everything thru. WERKS Parts LLC is the company and the website is www.werksparts.com . Now to the important matters.

Thank you for all the support behind this concept. There are over 30 prototype units in use, some have racked up a lot of miles. There is evidence that they will in fact collect the small slivers of metal that could indicate a bearing starting to fail.

These units will fit Oilhead final drive units with the fill plug on the side of the housing. They will fit the C 1200 series final drives. They will NOT fit R 1200 series final drives. I would like to see what I might be able to make for those but at this time they are not available.

Introductory Price: $39.80 for the aluminum version, $47.80 for the stainless steel version. $4 shipping in the CONUS, $8 international shipping flat rate will cover MOST international orders.

What you get: the final aluminum version has the base unit which is sealed to the housing with an o-ring ( 8 lbs ft torque ) and the indicator is about 5/8" tall and 5/8" diameter. This was arrived at after MANY variations were put in owners hands for feedback. There is a stainless steel version available which is identical in dimension to the aluminum. It has a nice shiny appearance and a really nice "feel". Otherwise functionally the same. You will get a spare o-ring for the base and the indicator ( 12mm x 2mm and 8mm x 2mm ).

DSC00629.jpg

Aluminum Version

DSC00620.jpg

Stainless Version

DSC00619.jpg

DSC00622.jpg

DSC00610.jpg

Ordering: You can PM or e-mail me info@werksparts.com or go to the website www.werksparts.com for ordering information. That site will be kept up to date on pricing and availability. I can take PayPal for payment and online payment by check.

Input is welcome and will benefit us all. I will be adding owner reviews on the website as we get more coming in. We want data showning anything unusual on the magnet along with mileage. What this will do for us is build a timeline for when the early signs appear to when the actual physical symptoms are evident should an owner run it that long. If we see owners running 1000, 2000, or so miles after the first signs it will help owners make decisions about when or where they can make repairs. This was invented to help us enjoy our BMW's!

Archived