IGNORED

What tank bag works well mounted to the RT tank bag frame?

Doug_Baliko

I'm looking to replace my BMW tank bag for my RT. I would like to use the tank bag frame and mount another bag on it so it works with the RT's rail system. What tank bags work well for this? Thanks

Doug

I have a 2010 RT and I decided on the TT. It fits pefectly on the sloped rails and is easy to move out of the way for gasing up. It also has a nice organizer inside and a detachable cover lid where you can place and see your map, route sheet, smart phone, gps, etc. while riding. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Here is a link to the Touratech info:

http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/552/PN-655-1020/FLAT-tank-bag-for-BMW-R1200RT

Happy hunting, Curt

I bought one of these lasy year,and like Curt says, it fits perfectly. Other than the factory bag it's the only one I know of that is actually designed for the tank rails of an RT. What I really like is the oversized map pouch that can easily display two folds of a standard folding road map. I'd buy it again.

Morning Doug

See if you can find a used Big Mak tank bag for the BMW 1200RT, at one time Mark was making a specific tank bag to bolt to the BMW removable base plate. Those were (are) a great fit & clear the handlebars at full lock as well as won't activate the horn button at full left lock.

BigMak.jpg

Archived