IGNORED

GPS XMAS

Skywagon

My best buddies wife asked me whether she should get the Garmin 660LM or the 330LM for XMAS. Hmmm studied the Garmin compare site, looked at several videos on gpscity, and I think I am going to suggest the 330LM. Any thoughts on if that is the best move or not... He is an Ultra-Classic rider who won't use earphones so bluetooth and music is not all that important to him. He doesn't care about XM either.

Thoughts appreciated as his wife will say recommended by me...

The paper map might work but would be hard to hold while drinking a beer, smoking a cigar, and the vance hines rattling the tank.... :grin: But hoping for serious compares...

He is an Ultra-Classic rider who won't use earphones so bluetooth and music is not all that important to him. He doesn't care about XM

Baby steps.

The Road Tech 665 is a Harley branded Zumo with all the H/D dealers programed into it, may interest him.

Pat

Morning David

I'm not going to be much help to you as:

Personally I don't like the 660/665 platform. I have a friend that has one (the 665) & I have used it & just don't like it compared to my Zumo 550. He likes his 665 but has never had the 550 to compare to.

That 350 has caught my eye as a possible replacement for my Zumo 550 but I know little about it so would have to try/ride with one for a while before making a decision.

To me neither the 660 or 350 are much of a hearty off-road unit but that doesn't seem to be an issue for your intended usage.

Thanks DR...thinking the same thing. I have a Zumo 550 and I think it is the cat's meow. The 350LM seems closer to the 550 than the 6xx series.

After comparing specs side by side on the website this is my 2 cents.

If the 350LM is sunlight readable as it states that is the one to choose. I have a 660 and it has a horrible screen in the sun.

Terry

Archived