IGNORED

iPad mount, or in Tank Bag?

undfined

I ran a quick search but didn't really find what I'm looking for.

I'd like to get my iPad up in front of me for GPS purposes (Siri has replaced my previous methods, in a safer manner). I'm seeing some cool lockable mounts like this: http://www.rammount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/tabid/63/partid/082065077045066045049052057090045065080056076085/Default.aspx

But I don't see a decent place to mount it. Then I saw a cheap tank bag with a plastic top at a local shop and got curious as to what some other solutions are. Any thoughts are appreciated.

This is for a 1996 R1100RT.

edit: 4 years today since I registered. I have to say thanks for the posts. Many don't realize the tips and tricks that I've used. Thanks for keeping me safe!

Agree with RKA,good bags!

However your iPad will not last long in the Phoenix/SW US heat and sun,especially in a map pocket.They are not designed for that type of heat and at minimum will shut down on you.

The glare from such a large reflective surface will also be annoying,if not dangerous.

Get a dedicated GPS and save the iPad for other purposes.

JR356

I can't believe you'd ever be able to see anything on an iPad in bright sun. I also don't think I'd subject my iPad to the jostling/vibration it would receive mounted on a bike. What about rain? Do you really want to rely on cell service for navigation in the boonies? I wholeheartedly agree with the above post, get a GPS designed for bike use in the great outdoors.

I can't believe you'd ever be able to see anything on an iPad in bright sun. I also don't think I'd subject my iPad to the jostling/vibration it would receive mounted on a bike. What about rain? Do you really want to rely on cell service for navigation in the boonies? I wholeheartedly agree with the above post, get a GPS designed for bike use in the great outdoors.
Ditto. I mean, +1.

I have one of the RAM ball mounts that replaces one of the handle bar bolts. I also bought two cradles, one for my Garmin and one for my I-phone. Works great. I am thinking about getting a second ball and stalk so i can have both up at the same time. I use the I-Phone for Pandora.

Archived