IGNORED

BMW Motorrad Nav lV (Garmin)

Jimmy D

Happy New Year Everyone!

Just pick up a new Nav and i am slow on learning this type of stuff..

Just learned how to link my Iphone so i can see incoming calls as well as answer them... Was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to see incoming text messages?

Thanks

jim

I also have installed the BMW Nav IV on my R1200RT. I haven't put any thought into the sync process for my phone. When I'm riding I don't really want to deal with my phone and/or texting. In my opinion I don't really think talking on a cell phone or texting (even if just reading) is a good idea at all. Same goes for when your on 4 wheels in the cage.

I do have the Nav IV so I can hear voice prompts through my speakers so I can listen to upcoming changes so I don't have to focus so much on the screen.

Good luck,

Jason

Jason I feel the same way you do!

But im on call most of the time and my pages come through my cell phone. It would be nice to know when im being paged so i can pull off the road and return the call.

Also will that Nav trac and save routes? I also tried to map a route with the software provided but it seems complicated to use so i'm using another software i found online and then attempt to down load into the Nav..(we will see how i do with that)

Archived