IGNORED

PR 3's on sale

randy

I agree that's a good price for the pair, particularly if there's free shipping (?) and no sales tax. (Evidently their rear PR3 is the standard version, not the "B" version).

it is free shipping, and no sales tax (at least to GA) They had the B model, but I am putting these on my Tuono so did not need the B model

I agree. Great price and free shipping. However, there is a $3.50 tire recycle fee--whatever that is. But even with the fee, the combo is less than $300 a set--without the standard rear tire--not B.

PR3 is on sale at Bike Bandit too. Not sure when the sale ends.

For the 1100RT, 120/70x17, 160/60x18 - $282. $8.95 shipping, or ships free if you become a "podium member." Last year they had a special deal on that, free with an order over $xx (don't remember).

For the 1200RT, 120/70x17, 180/55x17 - $288. They offer the B rated rear for an added $28.

I have no financial interest in Bike Bandit. Just buy stuff from them sometimes; also often use emototires.

Thanks Michaelr11. I ordered a set of PR 3's for my 12RT. Total to the door $296.65 and I also had some Bandit Bucks to take the price down a little. I think the sale ends today, Monday, Jan 21 end of day.

Just ordered the PR3 package with the "B" spec rear tire from Chapparall Motorsports-$333.76 to my front door. That was today so the sale is still on.

The B model is supposed to be for heavier bikes such as the RT or FJR and similar bikes that generally have a heavier load on the back tires. Harder compound or something that should make the tire last a bit longer.

Yes, there's a small capital "B" molded into the sidewall following the tire's size markings, and no difference in tread patterns.

FWIW, I could tell no difference in handling or mileage between the B and non-B but I never rode two-up or really heavily loaded - that's on the '08 RT and over 70K miles. But I do know that PR2- and PR3-equipped RT's new from the factory came with the B-spec version.

malcolmblalock

While I haven't tried the PR3 tires yet, I can say that the Pirelli Angel ST tires, the "B" tire has a deeper tread depth and gets about 3K more miles than the non "B". At least on my bike.

YMMV

Lone_RT_rider
While I haven't tried the PR3 tires yet, I can say that the Pirelli Angel ST tires, the "B" tire has a deeper tread depth and gets about 3K more miles than the non "B". At least on my bike.

That must be why I got 6K from my first set of Angels and 3.5K from the second one. Interesting....

Archived