IGNORED

iPhone question

awagnon

I did a search and found this question asked but not answered. Has anyone had their iPhone damaged from bumps or vibration when mounted to the handlebars with a RAM mount?

Also, anyone had any experience controlling their iPhone with a remote like the Satechi Blue Tooth remote ( Link )?

I did a search and found this question asked but not answered. Has anyone had their iPhone damaged from bumps or vibration when mounted to the handlebars with a RAM mount?

Also, anyone had any experience controlling their iPhone with a remote like the Satechi Blue Tooth remote ( Link )?

My 3GS had close to 100k miles "on it" being mounted to a RAM finger mount in an otterbox. Never had an issue with it and vibration. It didn't die until I forgot to stick it in the mount and it fell off the bike on my way to the PX. Got ran over by 3 cars but the otterbox kept it in one piece but it would no longer power up.

I'm now using an iPhone 5 and it's been working just fine for about 5k miles in a RAM finger mount and no issues to date. This one is also in an Otterbox.

pedro cerveza

Is the Satechi a IR or RF remote. If it's IR is not going to help you on a bike. I keep the phone in my pocket and use an ijet.

Is the Satechi a IR or RF remote. If it's IR is not going to help you on a bike. I keep the phone in my pocket and use an ijet.

The Satechi ad says it works via Bluetooth. Should work in my pocket. Mainly I just want to be able to control my iPhone in a RAM mount while wearing gloves.

Al... ram mount will hold the phone but you are not going to be able to control anything on an iPhone wearing gloves.

There are some special finger tip sleeves available but regular gloves to not work the touch screen.

Bob,

That's why I'm looking at the Satechi remote to control the iPhone. It looks like it has large, physical button which I could use with gloves. I'd just put it on my tank bag and control the iPhone without having to wear gloves without finger tips or special gloves.

Archived