IGNORED

Tinted Windshield

eddd

I'm looking at buying a new windshield, and the two options I'm considering tint-wise are clear or a light gray tint.

I've only had clear on all my bikes so I have no basis for comparision.

Are there pluses and/or minuses to a lightly tinted screen? I always look over my windshield, so looking through at night is not an issue.

Thanks.

Georgi and I both love our tinted windshields. They are not dark; just a moderate color. Georgi's is darker than mine but still not really black as was her original useless windshield. And (let me be honest), they look cool.

I have the same Cee Bailey light grey tinted windshield you are asking about. It is tinted, but only slightly so. Even if you had to look through it at night, there would be no problem. Like you, I adjust mine so as to look over...again, no problem.

And I agree...it looks cool!

I have the Cee Baily sport shield, which is quite dark. It also has a smaller silhouette. Looks great. Never find myself trying to look through the shield. The only drawback is slightly less hand protection in 30 degree conditions.

I have a light green one, as my bike is Tundra Green. At first I was a little unbalanced by it as I could see over it and through it and it was two different colors, especially when leaning into a corner and you vision picks up both spectrums. You get used to it, and you dial it out.

Archived