IGNORED

schumacher 1562A float charger

RAMBLIN RED

When the charger is plugged in(to the wall) I get a green "charged" light before I plug it to the battery. My volt meter isn't sensitive enough to read exact voltage but output is between 13 and 14 volts( battery end unplugged) I inherited this thing with the bike and don't know it's age but I'm thinking I need a new one.....any thoughts?

When the charger is plugged in(to the wall) I get a green "charged" light before I plug it to the battery. My volt meter isn't sensitive enough to read exact voltage but output is between 13 and 14 volts( battery end unplugged) I inherited this thing with the bike and don't know it's age but I'm thinking I need a new one.....any thoughts?

It's difficult to test a float charger with a voltmeter because the charger depends on feed back from a battery to determine the state of charge and regulate its output. I have had three schumaker "smart chargers" over the years and two of them were nothing but trouble and their support is atrocious.

I've had a battery tender junior that has funcioned flawlessly for about seven years now.

Archived