IGNORED

Install 2008 GS mirrors on a 2013 R1200RT

Deek

I had those GS mirrors installed on my 2006 and 2009 RTs....wonder if they will fit okay on the 2013 RT.....I know I can try, but I don't have access to the 2013 RT until next week.......and I am just curious!

You can get adapters that will allow the installation of mirrors. The camhead twins do not have threaded clamps that hold the hand levers in place but you can replace them with threaded clamps. Check maxbmw, bobsbmw and wunderlich. Max sells all the individual parts you need and bobs sells a kit. I put the lollipops on my 2011 RT and like the improved rear view.

pete

You can get adapters that will allow the installation of mirrors. The camhead twins do not have threaded clamps that hold the hand levers in place but you can replace them with threaded clamps. Check maxbmw, bobsbmw and wunderlich. Max sells all the individual parts you need and bobs sells a kit. I put the lollipops on my 2011 RT and like the improved rear view.

pete

Thanks....I will stare checking around. I'd like to use the mirrors I have now as they are good ones.....but only if I can make them fit without spending more that I could get others.

I had the GS Mirrors on my '06 RT as well. Went with these on my current RT LINK They look better but I could see much more than my shoulders. Ended up putting some z-technic extenders to push the mirrors out further, which fixed the issue.

I had the GS Mirrors on my '06 RT as well. Went with these on my current RT LINK They look better but I could see much more than my shoulders. Ended up putting some z-technic extenders to push the mirrors out further, which fixed the issue.

Those from A&S Cycles look good, but I am not happy to hear they were not wide enough for you. I found THIS photo, but I could not determine which of those, if any, were the ones you added to your 2011 RT. I'd hoping those extenders would mount to the stock 2013's handlebars, then I'd just need to find mirrors what would mount to that. Since the RT doesn't come with handlebar mirrors, I need to find mirrors that would mount to the extender, whichever one I'd need. Do you have a part number of something for the extenders you got? And did you get the A&S kit and just not use its handlebar aux mirror mount? Or did the extender you get from z-technic minstall on that aux mirror mount? Or to your original RT's non-used mirror mount.

Thanks.

I have the extenders in the top pictures. You need to use the entire kit from A&S. The extenders work with the mounts supplied in the kit from A&S. I wear a size 50 jacket, 2XL Jacket, the aux mirrors might work without the extenders depending on your build.

I have the extenders in the top pictures. You need to use the entire kit from A&S. The extenders work with the mounts supplied in the kit from A&S. I wear a size 50 jacket, 2XL Jacket, the aux mirrors might work without the extenders depending on your build.

Thanks for that info, appreciate it.

Archived