IGNORED

RAM GPS mount on a Camhead R1200RT?

Deek

I have a GPS I need to mount on a 2013 RT. I had my GPS (BMW Nav III) mounted on my earlier R1200RTs using the OEM mount on the 2006 RT. That mount doesn't work on the new RT.

So I am looking for other options. For now I'm not planning on using the Wunderlich "Intergrater" GPS mount as I want the GPS closer to me for pushing buttons and to see better.

I believe Ztechnik sells a steering head mount, and hope someone here has that and can comment. I'm concerned it needs to be high enough to be seen over my short tankbag, but short enough so I can still see the instruments.

I looked around the cockpit today (just picked up the bike a few hours ago) and did not see anything that's an obvious place to mount a RAM mount; but is anyone using one somehow?

What about the Wunderlich mirror adaptor. Anyone using one of those and finding a RAM ball that will screw into the adaptor?

What I am going to mount is basically a Garmin 28xx that already has a cradle. Thanks.

It's unanamous! I think I had 10 people recommend the same thing on 3 differnt forums! I have a concern because my RT uses handlebar risers, but I understand it's not too tough to find a longer bolt if the ones in the RAM kit aren't long enough....which is what I anticipate.

The mount comes with three lengths of M8 bolts (at least mine did that I got from GPS City), one of which is very long. You should be fine.

The mount comes with three lengths of M8 bolts (at least mine did that I got from GPS City), one of which is very long. You should be fine.

Thanks, that would be good, although several have said they needed longer bolts, but that might be before RAM added a longer one to the kit. RAM makes such a danged good product! I've been using them for years on montorcycles, kayaks, and in my truck. Perhaps a little chunky or inelegant, but they sure as heck get the job done!

Archived