IGNORED

Garmin 660/665 System Update

Don_Eilenberger

Don_Eilenberger

There is a recent update to the Garmin 660/665 system software.

While there are a number of small fixes mentioned, the really great one is - they finally fixed the problem with accessing MP3 audio files on a mini-SD memory card.

This has been an ongoing issue with these two GPS's since they were initially released. As far as I can see on mine - there is no longer any problem. The system reliably connects to the SD card and reads it, finding the MP3 files and playing them.

Huzzah!

The 660 Software is version 4.80. The 665 Software is version 2.80. Both are dated January 30th, 2013.

I use the "Lifetime Updater" to update my systems (mostly because it makes it easy to save and update local maps used by the computer software without having to DL them for multiple devices.) You can also use the Garmin "WebUpdater" software (which is newer then Lifetime Updater.) These can be found on the Garmin website.

That's good to know.

I'm currently awaiting a lifetime update voucher for my Euromaps

so this is timed just right, and just in time for this year's 'jaunts'.

Thanks for the heads up. Now, the dumb question of the day. I just bought my 660 last spring. how do I update it, and how much will it cost? I'm looking forward to this fix. Had the mp3 problem.

John

Thanks for the heads up. Now, the dumb question of the day. I just bought my 660 last spring. how do I update it, and how much will it cost? I'm looking forward to this fix. Had the mp3 problem.

John

John, DId you register your GPS on "MyGarmin".. IF not, https://my.garmin.com/mygarmin/login.htm?service=https%3A%2F%2Fmy.garmin.com%2Fmygarmin%2Fcustomers%2FmyGarminHome.faces

Register your unit, then plug your unit (with the USB cord) into your PC, drivers will probably be downloaded) and then you may need to download a program form Garmin called WebUpdater", it will then find your GPS, check it's firmware, and tell you what firmware is available for you.. Follow the directions... Any Questions? I suggest you visit: ZUMOFORUMS.COM

Oh,,, It's FREE to update your GPS.

Archived