IGNORED

Spring time insurance checks

mrzoom

Spring time and the renewal notices all come.

This year I decided to check around and see if there are any better deals for my RT. Not necessarily cheaper but better. :thumbsup:

I currently have Progressive, no problems, one claim in 7 years and it was settled to my satisfaction.

Got a quote from Foremost with the "secret AARP " code.

Not too bad, only $ 28.00 more per year with a little better coverage.

More accessory $$ amounts and what apppears to be a much better towing deal.

Progressive does 15 miles "to a repair facility" :(

Foremost will tow to the motorcycle branded dealer or home which ever makes the best sense reguardless of miles. :clap: I called them and was told they use a dedicated motorcycle nationwide towing company and that it's a sign and go, no out of pocket at that time.

Sounds good.

My 2005 RT could fall apart at any time with any of the known "issues" :rofl:

Anyone have experiance with Foremost??

Let the stories begin. :grin:

I got back into motorcycling in 2006 when I bought a 2004 1150RT. Went looking for insurance and found Formost in the AARP magazine and gave them a try. Very good rate and the price went down every year the first three years. The next year it stayed the same. the fifth year I had a very nice reduction. After three years with no accident you get first accident waiver. The day after my five year mark with them I totaled the 1150. I got a very good settlement and after a few months of looking I bought another 2004 1150RT for less than I received on the settlement. My rate is still the same. I'm very satisfied.

I've had Foremost for about three years on two bikes. I switched from Progressive when I thought their premiums were getting out of line even though I had not had any claims or driving violations. I got a quote through the AARP program first and then contacted an insurance agency which was recommended by our local BMW club. The agency's Foremost quote was substantially cheaper than going through AARP. I don't know why. In any case, great rates and service from Foremost. Better accessory and breakdown coverage then Progressive. No claims, so I can't comment on that.

I had a claim with Progressive and they were excellent from start to finish. I just signed the new bike up with them.

• 2 weeks later...

With Progressive for 5 year now, have had no claims ... just got my latest bill and it went up $80, same coverages. Time to shop a bit, seems like a steep increase with no reasoning provided.

I had a claim with Progressive and they were excellent from start to finish. I just signed the new bike up with them.

+1 on Progressive. They may not be the cheapest but I've had two claims with them and my experience matches Kathy's.

had progressive multi bikes for many years. Had 1 claim for about $2000 and rates started up each year for 3 years. Went shopping to Allstate, Foremost, Dairyland, StateFarm, and some of the other motorcycle unique carriers.

Ended up with Allstate and rate cut by more than half for same coverage. Met with agent and he asked me why I was carrying medical on me. Told me if I had other medical insurance, why pay twice...So rate went down even further. I have usual stuff...liability, medical for anyone I hurt except me (covered by my personal policy) uninsured motorist, towing, comprehensive, and $500 deductible. Annual fee approximately $325 per bike....

With Progressive for 5 year now, have had no claims ... just got my latest bill and it went up $80, same coverages. Time to shop a bit, seems like a steep increase with no reasoning provided.
Probably because you were moved to their steady-Eddy not-a-flight-risk writing company because you've had no claims and haven't moved the insurance in 5 years. Get a quote from someone else who will put you in their favored rates get-the-new-client writing company :)

Archived