IGNORED

SERIUS Radio Issue

Mike05

Bought a 2011 R1200RT w/Sirius radio. Went ahead & switched everything over to my account. So far, so good.

The challenge is the radio only plays the "preset" Sirius channels put into memory by the previous owner. They start at station #7, so I can't get below that number. Called the Sirius 888 # to get a new signal sent but they said to set it on station #184 - can't find that either. Had the signal sent anyway & for a while all worked fine but now back to playing preset stations only. The account is definitely moved over.

Driving me nuts; how the heck do I go from the preset mode to "manual select" mode while tuned in to Sirius radio?

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Push Mode. I think. Or the button to the left or right. That'll take it out of set station mode.

Which model receiver do you have?

You really should have been more careful to purchase from a rider who had the same musical tastes. :wave:

audio manual

Says mode too in the book? What mode is showing in the screen? MAN, AS or MEM?

I'd like to find a later version of the manual in pdf format. This one doesn't cover Sirius.

I quit Sirius before my trip West last year, when I found I couldn't get the Cincinnati Reds on it. (For a machine that sits in the garage most of the year it seems like a waste.) Also, I tried a SENA bluetooth on my Shoei FF helmet to take advantage of music on those long stretches on the interstates; The earspeakers crushed my ears against the helmet, no matter where I placed them. I tried earbuds, but they are displaced when pulling the helmet on and if they didn't move it was painful pulling the helmet off over them stuck in my ears. Overall a bust. I sent the SENA back. I am back to listening to that marvelous engine and the wind, lost in my thoughts, until some cage driver awakens me.

Larry

I had the same issue with my radio, even though I bought the bike new, but what I discovered is that you need to hold the jog wheel for a longer duration, then sirius will jump to a "set" or group of stations. You have to do this repeatedly until you get to the station group numbers you want to be at.

tony

Thanks for the suggestion; will try it tomorrow morning.

If I understand you correctly, put the radio on Sirius so it plays music (right now it would be one of the preset stations) & try to move to another station by holding the wheel over instead of "flicking" it?

Btw, welcome to the Board!! Where are you from?

Thanks again for the suggestion Tony but it didn't work.

Taking it to the dealer this morning to see if they can figure it out.

Makes no sense; very frustrating to see the least. Hopefully someone will have another idea.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Mike

I did my presets only a few weeks ago. I remember bouncing back and forth on the Mode button or Band button and the Set button.

If your's isn't taking any input from those, I'd pull the left upper panel and make sure the two connectors are mated. Those connectors are a PITA because they are hard to disconnect yet, force one to keep the panel on when de-tupperwaring the bike. Could be one of them got popped or overly strained and there's an open circuit.

All fixed; dealer set everything back to factory settings. Now everything works fine (so I'm told; pick the bike up tomorrow).

Thanks all for your suggestions, been an interesting experience. In the process discovered some other issues (repaired) so all in all I'm glad I took it to the dealer.

Glad you're reset now. Did you get a manual so you know how to set the channels as presets, etc? It's NOT an easy process! I have a couple of cheat sheets I made to help me remember how to do it. I don't think I have them on my laptop (I'm on a trip right now), but I'm pretty sure they are printed somewhere and in my topcase or tankbag.

If you need some help pre-setting or whatever, I can probably help. Drop me a line deek589 AT bellsouth DOT net. It is "net" NOT "com". Put the word "BMW RT" in the subject line somewhere so I don't think it's spam.

Archived