IGNORED

BMW Bluetooth and C3

Sickticket

I recently read somewhere that the Schuberth audio system is not compatible with the BMW Bluetooth.

Damn, I certainly hope that this is not true because I have both and plan on picking up my new R1200RT this Thursday.

Ok, if this is true, how can I work around it or.....how is the quality of the FM reception on the C3 system?

Any ideas, solutions or absolution out there????

texasaggie97

I have a 2013 R1200RT and my Schuberth C3 Pro bluetooth works well with my helmet but the audio is very poor quality. I am really disappointed with the sound quality of my helmet's speakers. I wish I could hook up my custom ear phones. I hook my Phone in to the GPS and can make calls and hear all GPS commands via bluetooth and then when the GPS is done the bike's bluetooth will take over and your music will kick back on. Not a bad system but I still need to work out some of the issues but it is operator error.

I have a 2013 R1200RT and my Schuberth C3 Pro bluetooth works well with my helmet but the audio is very poor quality. I am really disappointed with the sound quality of my helmet's speakers.

Have you tested the sound quality using a different audio source? There have been many reports about the BMW radio that the sound is good with a Bluetooth MP3 player or phone, but is poor when routed through the BMW Bluetooth. The poor quality seems to be due to the BMW system rather than the various helmet systems used. This may have been corrected with the newer models but might be worth testing before blaming the C3.

Good information. I will find out this Thursday when I pick up my new bike.

If the SRC system does not work I guess I will switch over to the Sena system. It is well reviewed.

I have the SRC and it does work with the Bluetooth on my R 1200 RT -11.

But like half of the times when trying to reconnect it does not work. When it works it works well and when listening to the bikes radio the reception is great.

When contacting Schuberth I am informed the SRC is not compatible with BMW Audio Bluetooth.

Obviously it is. But not all the time...

Archived