IGNORED

Great deal on youth riding gear & my daughter's first ride

swilson

I've been thinking about taking my oldest daughter out on the bike for about a year now. She's nearly 9yrs now. My biggest hurdle was actually paying for the gear. Cycle Gear is having a huge sale this week that was finally got to part with the cash. I was able to outfit her with a jacket, pants, boots, gloves, and helmet for $240 before tax. What a price!

For her first ride we headed for the coast over Hecker Pass. Stopped for some amazing pulled pork sandwiches at Freedom Meat Locker in Watsonville and then to Sunset Beach for a photo. Both dad and daughter had a blast, so there will be many more rides in our future.

IMG_20130330_135236_195-M.jpg

IMG_20130330_131905_895-M.jpg

IMG_20130330_124347_086-M.jpg

CruisinCruzan

My daughter was a little older than yours when I took her for her first ride. When we got home she hopped off and said, "that was the freaking coolest thing ever". Fast forward she is now 22, got her own license and each summer we take a week long ride together. This year's trip is to New England. It is a truly special time. Welcome to the Dads and Daughters Club.

Nice job Scott!

So, is that the BILT 4 Kids gear? If so, what do you think?

I'm still looking for some gear for my kids. . .

Nice job Scott!

Yes, Bilt. I didn't compare it to other kids gear. Appears well made. Child sized armor for the elbows/knees. Sleeves and legs have an extension built into them. As the child grows you can upzip it and let the legs/sleeves extend probably 1.5 or 2", so you'll get some extra years out of the gear. My only disappointment was that the jacket liner is not removable & vents are minimal (2 chest, 1 back). I'm guessing 80-85 degrees is the upper temp limit for this gear.

The price was unbeatable. I'm still amazed I was able to get her jacket, pants, boots, and glove for the above price!

Nice job Scott!

Yes, Bilt. I didn't compare it to other kids gear. Appears well made. Child sized armor for the elbows/knees. Sleeves and legs have an extension built into them. As the child grows you can upzip it and let the legs/sleeves extend probably 1.5 or 2", so you'll get some extra years out of the gear. My only disappointment was that the jacket liner is not removable & vents are minimal (2 chest, 1 back). I'm guessing 80-85 degrees is the upper temp limit for this gear.

The price was unbeatable. I'm still amazed I was able to get her jacket, pants, boots, and glove for the above price!

I have some of the BMW Stoke riding gear for kids that has that same feature to the sleeves and legs. really nice stuff.

I have some of the BMW Stoke riding gear for kids that has that same feature to the sleeves and legs. really nice stuff.

Last year I looked and looked for BMW Stoke riding suit and almost gave up and bought the BILT 4 Kids gear. Price is unbelievable. But I did find a nice used BMW Stoke suit and am very pleased with it. But I now need boots and gloves. I am seriously thinking of a purchace soon.

I just put the stoke gear in classifieds...

I got my son a set of the built books that look like the tourmaster solution boots. His helmet is an HJC modular that I got from motorcyclegear.com.

He's been riding with me now for almost 6 years off and on and is a good passenger. His next challenge is to talk me into taking him on a saddlesore 1000.

I am really looking forward to riding with my kids. My daughter (4 this month) is showing keen interest, but she'll have to wait for a while more :P

Archived