IGNORED

C3 and SENA SMH10

basilr

Has anyone gone this route? I would like any advice or suggestions for mounting the SENA to the Schuberth C3.

I think the visor slide could be a bit of a problem but also the method to get the jog dial mounted to the outer shell may take a greater mind.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have the C3 with the Sena SMH10 mounted. You are going to need the clamp mount kit where the boom microphone is separate from the unit. the SMH10 kit mounts too far back to use the mount that comes with the unit.

Thanks TF, any chance you could pm me with a pic of your setup and a little more info on the boom mike arrangement? Is it a SENA product?

I have the standard mount on my C3 and it works fine. I used the sticky mount with an extra chunk of double stick 3M tape on the recessed are to account for the ledge on the helmet. It' mounted as far forward as the visor slider will allow. It works just fine.

I have the standard mount on my C3 and it works fine.
I used the clamp kit because it allowed me to move the mic more to the center of the face bar. You can use the mount that comes with the Sena; I just used mine for my full face helmet.

I have been in touch with Sena and they advised me that the SMH10 can only be mounted to the C3 with the sticky pads. The helmet is too thick to use the clamping method.

From what I have been hearing, the stick on method is not the most secure method of mounting.

Like I said, mine hasn't fallen off using just their sticky pad, although if doing it again I'd build it up with another section of good 3M double stick tape.

From what I have been hearing, the stick on method is not the most secure method of mounting.

I've had mine mounted on my C3 with the adhesive mount for over 1-1/2 years and it hasn't budged. I've even hit it a few times accidentally with no ill effects. When you mount it, make sure you use the alcohol wipe to clean the helmet first. I do carry an extra mount just in case, but haven't needed it yet.

Archived