IGNORED

Help with a BMW Color

DrMikey

I'm looking to have my 2003 R1150RT painted in the metallic gold that BMW used on the 1978 R100RS. I have the paint codes for Glasurit and HOK, but would like a reference as close to the original color as possible. Given that finding a 1978 R100RS (the only year the bike was produced in that color) in this part of the world is going to be tough, I'm looking for a factory brochure or magazine ad from that year.

If anyone can help, PM me.

Thanks!

roadscholar

A buddy here in N Fla has one, he bought it new. He had it repainted in about '04, turned out very nice. He may have a brochure, not sure, he was a BMW dealer during early and mid 2000's. Could put you in touch if you'd like.

I believe Paul Mihalka had one too, and think there are some photos of him with it on here. Here's one from bmbikes.uk.

R100RS%20gold%20(1).JPG

I had a '73 Porsche 911E Targa (actually owned it twice) that was very close if not the same color, it was fairly dramatic on a car and hard to ignore. :)

73goldmetalic8888500.jpg

Another shot of the bike which does look lighter than the car, but lighting has a big effect on this color, they are very similar as I recall. Nice choice btw, would like to see pics when you're done.

R100RS%20gold%20(4).JPG

Archived