IGNORED

Side stand question

BerndM

How come nobody is offering (that I have found) a side stand for our BMW's that LOCK when the bike is leaned over onto it.

Harley Davidson uses these and there is no way the bike can accidently be pushed or nudged off the stand.

Apparently there's a tang on the top of the HD stand that engages a slot on the mounting bracket that prevents the stand from closing as long as the bike's weight is on it.

Excellent idea, huh?

BTW...Thankfully I have never had such a terrible incident, but I have certainly heard of them from others.

There's no need for a locking stand if you leave the bike in gear when the sidestand is down.

But sometimes you might want to leave the bike running while parked on the sidestand.

I would love to have the locking side stand. If the RT-P has it, I am going to look into it.

And yes, left mine running on a very slight downhill and only three steps away, I was not fast enough to stop the bike "walking" forward and down she went. Any time I am off the bike now, it is shut off and in gear, but there are times I would like to leave it running and not worry.

Mark

Archived