IGNORED

So I now have a tank bag.

Bud

I've always been partial to Big Mak tank bags. Recently bought a 99 RT. Bought the mount from a member here and the bag off ebay.

The bag is small enough I might actually find things and large enough to carry what I need.

1365538320.jpg

I know a lot of people would find it too small for their use but for me it is "just right". :thumbsup:

The thing I like is that you can fuel up w/o removing the bag.

1365538692.jpg

That, Big Mak DSC (diamond space case I think) is what we use.

Plenty big enough.

Among other things, entire Autocom and cables fit nicely

so removal from bike is simple (can lock in bags).

Even map window works well, IMO.

Probably a much better window than current BMW tankbags. I just had a boat shop replace the window on my R1200RT tank bag. At less than 5 years old on a bike that is garaged when not in use, it had completely browned out making it unusable. Cheap repair ($28) but result will not be as waterproof in the window as original though should have no impact on the rest of the bag.

Great bag.

When filling the tank be advised if the Bag drops on to the open hinged filler cap it will snap and break.

How do I know this....

Nice Looking Mount!!!

Well thank you. :wave:

Was happy to see it yesterday, just when UPS promised. Took all of 3 minutes to put on.

Glad you had an extra!! :thumbsup:

I have the same bag on my R1100RT. For me it was the best all around bag. I actually purchase three different size bags until I got this one. Sold the first two, and have 100,000 miles on this bag

I bought mine directly off of ebay. Had original Big Mak price sticker of $104.

I bought 2, thinking that they most likely will never be available again. :grin:

Was looking thru pictures and found this one of my first BMW. A K 1100 LT, loaded up in my driveway the day before heading to Gunnison for my very first UN Rally.

Notice the OEM tank bag stuffed full. Also notice the big honking PIAA 910's.

1365642710.jpg

I recall asking the question here about what would be a good Beemer for a re-entry rider. Almost everyone warned me that I should get a smaller bike first then "move up" to a Beemer. Or perhaps start on a F bike.

I bought the K LT and hopped on it an rode west. What a great trip! IIRC Ken was manning the reception desk when I got to the hotel. Leslie and Jamie were the first to welcome me to the campsite. Had supper with Tank the first night.

Lots of good memories from that trip including a ride up this road.

1365643399.jpg

Which some of your recognize as being the road to Yankee Boy Basin, just outside of Ouray.

Also stopped by the Black Canyon on the way to Ouray.

The one thing about UN's, they give you a lifetime of memories.

Archived