IGNORED

Great service from Gadget Guy

Bill_Walker

Bill_Walker

I just wanted to share a story of great customer service from Gadget Guy. I had mounted my new Garmin Zumo 660 with a Touratech mount to my existing Gadget Guy top-of-dashboard bracket on my 1150RT, but I wasn't entirely happy, because it blocked my view of the speedometer. So, I went looking for other bits he offered that might let me raise it up. I found something I thought would work and ordered it, but I did fill in the space on the form that asks you to explain the details of what you're doing.

I got a phone call later from Gennadi (the proprietor, and maybe the whole company), telling me that the exact part I ordered wouldn't fit the Touratech mount, and offering me one with a longer bar. But then he went ahead and described another, and better, way I could mount the unit with the parts I already had from the prior mount of my Navigator II! And sure enough, it worked. And he talked himself right out of a sale, but has a very satisfied customer.

I've recommended the Gadget Guy mount for the RT in the past, because after trying several gadget shelves and brackets, it was the only one I was happy with. Gennadi also makes mounts and brackets for many other bikes, so if you're trying to figure out a way to mount a GPS and/or other electronics, check out Gadget Guy.

I had the opportunity to meet with and work with him on some stuff I was making for another bike and everything you've said here is spot on. He's a great guy, very kind, informative and fair.

Archived