IGNORED

R1100-1150RT Tank Bag Recommendations

70IBA

I couldn't find any previous posts, so indulge my question on tank bags for the R1100RT series.

What brand and model tank bags have been suitable in terms of ease of usage, refueling and capacity over 10 liters for you? Do the quick clip style have disadvantages (the ones that snap into the fuel filler mount)?

Thanks for your observations.

I got the BMW model for my 99RT, i was surprised I could find a new one, although that was about 18 months ago. only issue with it is the rain cover is a pain to put on..but in terms of ease of use, etc, it's great. just undo the front clips that attach to the rails at the front of the tank and flip it over, or undo the zipper and flip it up, either way works great, and doesn't scratch the tank. disadvantage = not cheap..

After using the BMW factory tank bag on my 2000 R1100RT for 30K miles, I installed a tank bag by RKA.

It uses 3 sets of straps. To refuel, unclip the 2 front clips and flip the bag onto the seat.

This bag has also been working fine with my 2007 R1200RT. I been using the bag for over 230000 miles with no problems.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/bags-connection-city-evo-quick-lock-tankbag-for-sw-motech-gascap-mounting-system

Good, quality tank-bag, easy to use, well made. I used it on my 2000 R1100RT, and am keeping it as a "spare" for my 2012 R1200RT, I like it so much (I had purchased an BMW R1200RT tank bag with the bike). The fit is a bit more problematic on the R1200RT.

Downsides? Mapcase is a separate attachment (I would prefer integrated).

Downside of this quick-release type of attachment is that if someone is familiar with the bag and looking to steal one, they can release it and be gone in literally seconds.

I ended up with a SW-MOTECH bag after a few frustrating years with a BMW bag. I'll never go back to straps!

Mega thanks for all the information, pics and experiences you have had with different products. Now begins the deliberation.

soggybottom

Bags Connection is da bomb! Comes in several different sizes. $120 - $175. gas tank ring hookup.

Archived