IGNORED

Anyone have a taller windshield on 1100rt

StoweVT

Im 6'2" and was looking for a taller windshield, has anyone installed one and does it work well? Thanks

Lighthiker90

I am the same height with the same bike. I just ordered a Cee Bailey +3.5". It should be here any day. I will report when I get it. I think it will be great on the highways. I worry it may be too much around town when the weather is really warm.

szurszewski

I'm not quite your height - about 2" south - but I have an Aeroflow screen that came with my bike and just recently acquired a stock screen as well.

The Aeroflow, even in the lowered position, puts the air a good bit higher. In the fully raised position it moved air completely over me and over my wife as well. Even at high speeds it greatly reduced wind noise which makes it really easy to talk (we have bluetooth comms, but at highway speed or more it's sometimes a bit loud). It's really great for when we get rainy weather here as well.

That said, it's a giant sail when it's all the way up, so it can't be there in high winds (or at least not for my skill level) - doesn't seem to be an issue when it's down. It also keeps all the nice breeze away from you in the warmer months (great in the winter though for the same reason).

Compared to the stock windshield the Aeroflow is much thinner. I had the Aeroflow on my bike for about five years before I first held a stock shield in my hands - I was amazed at how thick it was. I switched to the stock a couple summers ago and it was really nice for that.

josh

dothetime

I have a cee bailey, +3.5 inches.

I am 6 feet tall, moves the buffetting off my face at the highest setting.

As you are 6'2" you might want the highest windshield you can get, 4 inches or better.

Call them, they are pretty good at helping you choose the best setup for you.

Dave

I have a Cee Bailey +6" that I'd sell.

It's been in a crash, has huge scratches, but no damage in my field of view.

I'm 6'4" and have the tallest eurocut windshield Cee Bailey makes. It makes a huge difference in noise around the base of the helmet. That being said. I kept my short stock windshield for the hot Florida summers. The CB prevents air from getting to most of my torso, so things can get a bit warm over 80 degrees. It's a tradeoff. I didn't take the CB off at all last summer. Keep an eye out on the forum and on ebay for a good deal on used.

Lighthiker90

As promised here is my review of the Cee Baily +3.5"

With the stock windshield I got buffeting in all positions at all speeds. Anything above 60 mph I had to raise the windshield fully or get bounced around a lot. There was still buffeting even in the high position.

With the new windshield I get no buffeting at any speed at any position! Works as advertized. Gone is my concern that I will not have enough breeze in the heat. With the lowest setting I still get plenty of breeze to my helmet and arms. It is a nice laminar breeze. No more head bobbing. In the highest position at 70 mph I can hear things that I never heard before. It got quiet. Still enough breeze on my helemt to remove condensation but a quiet, pleasant improved ride all the way around.

No I don't work for them. I am quite happy with the purchase.

Im 6-1 and have a Ceebailey Euro +3.5. The top edge is directly in my line of sight in the full up position. I like looking over the top so I adjust it down just a bit. Pleased with it.

I've been monitoring this thread with interest and used the search for earlier ones on this topic. My own RT purchased last November came with Aeroflow mounted and Cee Bailey in a bag. Aeroflow works but IMO is (um) unattractive even though form does follow function. So now, the Cee Bailey has been on for the last 1k miles (turned 11k total last Saturday) but its not as quiet as I'd like - even with Schuberth S1 helmet and molded earplugs. The Cee Bailey I have is their #1 model, i.e., replica of BMW's original screen. Based-on comments here, I'm about to order a Euro cut +3.5" higher. I'm just at 6' tall but figure I can modulate position down a bit if needed rather than ordering their +2.5" version.

Hey, a couple of used but unblemished windscreens are now available for sale... :grin:

I have a Ztechnik V-Stream. I'm 6'1" and like it alot.

This. I had one on my 1150RT, & have one on my 1200. :thumbsup:

I have a Ztechnik V-Stream. I'm 6'1" and like it alot.

This. I had one on my 1150RT, & have one on my 1200. :thumbsup:

Worthy of consideration - I bought a new V-Stream for my former Yammie FJR1300 and then subsequently for my (also gone) R1200RT. I liked 'em both, although want to avoid adding yet another used windscreen to my collection for sale...

I am the same height with the same bike. I just ordered a Cee Bailey +3.5". It should be here any day. I will report when I get it. I think it will be great on the highways. I worry it may be too much around town when the weather is really warm.

I'm only 5'7", and I found the Cee Bailey 3.5 too low. I returned it, then cut down the new one to "just right" (for me) height. Go for the next size up, Euro cut.

Lighthiker90

I'm only 5'7", and I found the Cee Bailey 3.5 too low. I returned it, then cut down the new one to "just right" (for me) height. Go for the next size up, Euro cut.

I guess I should have also mentioned that I prefer to look over the windshield rather than through it. If it was taller than 3.5 and raised to the highest position, I would be looking through it, not over. This is with the stock seat.

Then look into a Laminar Lip.

Added to any windscreen it will move air up higher, without raising height of screen..

No affiliation, satisfied customer.

Archived