IGNORED

Pannier protectors

holabird

Any good suggestions on a plastic coating to put over the luggage bags to protect them? My big feet sometimes slide a little too close to the bags. thanks for your help.

I've used Snyder's Paint Guard, a clear plastic film that adheres with a spritz of water and is easily removable. I got it from Aerostich but it may be around elsewhere. A few bucks gets enough for several application.

I applied it to the top-front area of the right pannier where my boot tends to hit and also to the knee areas on the gas tank. Because of the complex shape of the pannier, the film won't stretch enough to conform. So I had to make strips, cut to shape and applied next to each other around the curves. I made paper patterns for each strip as I went as the curved shape of each is different. But given a little time, patience and (ahem!) skill I got pretty good results. Two years later the film is still on there, taking the abuse instead of the pannier. BTW, I used the same technique on the ST1300 I had before my RT.

pete

2011 R1200RT

malcolmblalock

Do you happen to still have the paper pattern? I have the Snyders, but am not very handy in creating the pattern...

one of the best solution I saw on the internet, was the spray on bed liner stuff. cannot remember the name of the product. It looked very good to me.

John Bentall

Find your nearest Ventureshield Agent. Their Venturetape product has worked for me - twice!

..and saved me a load of money.

Archived