IGNORED

Yacugar shocks

RPG

Just got my new set from Beemershop. Will install on my R1150RT this evening. I have the emulsion type in front and the rear has the remote hydraulic preload adjustment like the stocker. I see from the stickers that there is rebound damping (the big ring at the bottom that rotates around the shaft), but the literature vaguely lists low speed, high speed and compression damping.

Both shocks have a little allen head screw (and a suppplied allen wrench) near the top of each body. I have a track day in 10 days and might take the RT so might want to play around with the settings at the track.

RPG

Let us know how your install goes. I have the same shocks for my 2012 RT. It took me several weeks to get them dialed in (1 up, 2 up, loaded, etc). during a month long tour. It was money well spent. Yes the literature is extremely vague. I have not played with the compression damping (allen screw) at all.

will do. The small allen screw doesn't appear to want to turn on either shock so I'll leave it alone for now.

RPG

Call the Beemershop,they are very responsive and willing to help.

Can likely give you some tips on setup.

JR356

talked to Ted over the weekend. My fault for not knowing exactly what I bought. Mine have rebound adj. on front and rebound and preload on the rear. Two short trips and shocks feel like a huge improvement. Will know more after next Monday's Track Day.

For now am going to leave Ted's adjusments alone.

RPG

Completed a Track Day Monday at Grattan Raceway in western MI. Noticeable upgrade in the suspension department. No more bottoming out coming out onto the straightaway and the bike just has a different more planted feel, especially at triple digits speeds down the straight.

Stock settings for my shocks were 20-25 turns out for damping and I ran these up to 10 turns out (more damping) and I really liked the difference. The front pre-load was perfect but I increased rear pre-load to give 1" sag at the rear.

These shocks were expensive, but I think it's money well spent as I don't see any need for another bike for awhile.

RPG

Peter Parts
Ben - try looking ***here***

Thanks for link. A quick look seems to show you can get linear, progressive, or extra stiff. If so, no real choice there.

Progressive can be helpful but not a substitute for being in the right ballpark on spring rate and can really confuse sag arithmetic if not accurate to your weight and style.

Ben

Archived