IGNORED

Gone to the dark side

Quinn

This Spring I started lusting for a new bike and, after the frenzy, I find myself with a new 2013 Triumph Trophy. Nothing wrong with my '04 RT, except it was still using oil, had 110k on it, and I didn't want to keep it long enough to get past the expected bout of repairs that come with that mileage. At least that's what I convienced myself of so I could justify my desires.

I had gotten down my choices to a new RT and the Trophy. I fell on the Trophy because of lower price and its unbieveable engine. Everything else was better on the RT--weight, dealer and service, ergonomics, handling, and the black on black 90 anniversery color scheme. Guess I was just wanting to try something completely different. Hardest thing to get used to are the turn signals; I miss my two paddle, one rocker switches.

img0630ie.jpg

img0635tc.jpg

-----

oddly i went the other direction.... i had a deposit on a Trophy since last Nov, but once all the "issues" started cropping up (wiring harness problems, fork seal leaks, gas tank leaks, etc) i switched over to the RT... i still like the TT but i find the fit and finish on the RT superior....

Nice bike - I wish you all the luck with it. Bombars Beemers services Triumph now (just an FYI).

I'm going to see him this week to see about selling my RT. And I'll be using him for farkle installation if possible. I'm stuck with the dealer for warrentee service and I see that as an interview process for their try at becoming my "vender of choice" for other services. Bombars would be a hard act for them to follow.

------

I don't think you have to use a specified dealer for service to have the warranty honored. Just that you have it serviced properly and timely and have a record.

NCS

Triumphs are NOT the Dark Side. No way. Not merely mean enough. If you want to be BAD, be BAD... Good luck with the Trophy. All the reviews I read were favorable...

Archived