IGNORED

PIAA Lights

BOOCH

To those of you that have them,can I get your opinion on which is better the 1100X Platinum or the 1100LED lights.

Thanks in advance.

I have a 2005 R1200RT

Steve

• 8 months later...

I know this is old, but which one did you go with?

I have the 1100x and considering removal and install Denali D2 LED for better long range.

I have a set of 1100X LED's on my 1150R. Hopefully these will last a bit longer than the old 1100X'S. They do command your seeing me in the daytime. I also have a set of Feugo HID'S on my GSA, these I can't run if there is other traffic but do light up the road.

I've not had any bulb issues with my 1100Xs on my RT and have about 20K on them since install. They seem great and I can't believe the difference at night.

I have the clearwater kristas on my GSA and they are amazing. Can't run them against oncoming traffic though due to their output. I'll be looking at another set of LEDs to supplement that have lower wattage.

If I were installing accessory lights at this moment vs. 4 years ago, I'd not hesitate to go with LED. Lower battery draw, longer life, and higher output. Win, Win, Win. Price - Lose.

That's 3-1 for those who are counting :thumbsup:

Have had the 1100x for about 8 years. I buy standard halogen 2 pin replacement bulbs for about $4-5. If you take the stock burned out bulb, you can carefully pry off the stock lens and reseal it to a new bulb. There is no way I would pay for Piaa replacement bulbs. The trick on buying the 2 pin halogens is picking the wattage and pattern. I.e. "50 watt narrow spot" as an example. you can test beam patterns until you find what you like before affixing the old lens to the new bulb.

That being said I think LED is the way to go. Less wattage, less amperage and longer life.

I sold PIAA lights for years when they were the latest thing.

Note that unless things have changed, bulbs have a 1 yr. warranty

When LED's came out, specifically Clearwater, I never sold another set of PIAA's.

Magically, PIAA came out with LED after they realized that someone was eating their lunch.

Clearwater's are shockingly good. When you break the price down of a set of PIAA with light bar and wiring, and compare to Clearwater, the price is very close, and many times CW is less expensive with a real person to talk to when you call with a question.

Archived